Why we operate in this market
Global demand for lithium, a key component in battery manufacture, is growing very strongly, primarily driven by the electric-car market.
For Eurodia and the industry, the challenge is threefold:
• increase and considerably accelerate production of lithium to satisfy demand
• produce this lithium sustainably, i.e. with respect for people and the environment
• secure supply to all manufacturers by diversifying production methods and worldwide locations, and being able to equip lithium mines and refineries.
The Eurodia Group’s solutions serve to…
• Extract and purify lithium salts from various raw materials: salt-flat brine, geothermal waters, oil-well drilling water.
• Recover lithium and other metals of interest (NMC / Ni Mn Co) for processes to manufacture or recycle electric batteries.
For these industries, our processes combine adsorption, filtration, electrodialysis and ion-exchange resin technologies to remove impurities (magnesium, sulfates, sodium…) and recover, as required, brine rich in lithium salts or lithium hydroxide by means of bipolar electrodialysis.